Hunter Douglas cellular window shades are a cost-effective means to functional and fashionable window treatments for homes or offices. Engineered with energy efficiency in mind, these shades create the perfect aesthetic for any home or business, while providing a touch of elegance.
How Do Window Shades Improve Energy Efficiency?
For quality window shades in Mississauga that help improve the energy efficiency of a home or office, consider the cellular shades form Hunter Douglas. Here are some ways that they can improve energy efficiency:
Provide Insulation in the Winter
Keep the cold winter chill out of your home or office with the protective insulating design of cellular shades. Thanks to the innovative design of cellular shades, they effectively trap cold air at the windowpane and prevent it from escaping into your home or office.
Protect Against Heat in the Summer
Just like these window blinds insulate your home or office in the winter, the unique designs of Hunter Douglas shades provide maximum protection against the hot sun and scorching temperatures too. By drawing the shades closed during the day and keeping them shut at night, the cooler indoor air will regulate the entire room temperature.
Use of Natural Daylight
On days when the direct sunlight is not heating the room, make use of the unique opening styles of the cellular shades to gain more natural light. This will reduce energy consumption of artificial light.
Benefits of Using Cellular Window Shades for Your Home and Office
Hunter Douglas cellular shades provide both quality and quantity when it comes to function. Shades provide more than just protection from harmful ultraviolent rays and bright sunlight. Use cellular shades to block noise, protect furnishings, and gain privacy control from exterior sources.
Multiple Fabric and Colour Options
Use the cellular shades as a focal point in any home or office with the wide selection of colours, textures, patterns, and fabric available.
Function over design is irrelevant with Hunter Douglas cellular shades. If insulation, light control, custom size, and aesthetic-appeal are important, there is a cellular shade for you.
Effortless Light Control
The variable functions of cellular shades offer the right light control for any office or room in a home.
Easy to Clean
Cellular shades are easy to clean and maintain with their durable materials and long-lasting wear.
Which Cellular Shades Offer the Highest Energy Performance?
From innovative insulation, and blackout technology to classic styles, each of shade options from Hunter Douglas offers high energy performance.
Duette Honeycomb Shades – The Original Honeycomb Shades
Duette Honeycomb Shades are the original cellular shades created with a honeycomb design for an added layer of protection. As air escapes through the windowpane, it is trapped within the specially made pockets to protect the room temperature.
- Available in pleat sizes 3/8”, 3/4”, or 1 1/4”
- Light control
- Daylighting ability
- Cordless options
- Top down/bottom up lift options
- Ultraviolet protection
- Energy Efficient: The structural design of the Duette Honeycomb Shades have made them a popular choice as an insulating shade. As an eco-friendly design, these shades help reduce energy bills.
- Stylish Options: Whether the vertical or horizontal styled shades are used, the colour and pattern choices are endless. Unlike most regular blinds and shades, the honeycomb shades provide a look of their own.
- Sound Absorption: Noise from the street and from within the same room can be distracting to the occupants. The Duette Honeycomb Shades are specifically designed to help soften the sound, reduce distracting noise.
Solera Soft Shades – Roman Shades with Sculptural Appeal
For elegant and durable roman shades in Toronto, the Solera Soft Shades add a touch of class to any home or office setting. Featuring soft folds over air-trapping pockets, these shades can be used in any region. Solera is the combination of the roman shade style and a cellular shade design.
- 4” cell size
- Light control
- Privacy setting
- Energy Efficient: The fold designs of Solera Soft Shades provide an insultation to help lower energy consumption. This cools and warms the house or office in accordance with the outside temperatures.
- Stylish Options: Various textures, patterns, and colours make this shade a favourite among interior designers. Available in both woven and non-woven fabrics, these shades provide a fashioned elegance.
- Sound Absorption: Fitted with the appropriate fabric material, these shades absorb interfering noise. This is beneficial to homes in high-traffic neighbourhoods and larger offices.
Sonnette Cellular Roller Shades – Roller Shades from Hunter Douglas
Roller shades in Toronto homes and offices can be enhanced with beauty and functionality with Sonnette Cellular Roller Shades. Clean curved lines are only part of the innovative technology of these shades with a double layer of fabric.
- Available with 2″ vanes
- Cordless safety system
- Ultraviolet protection
- Soil and dust resistant
- Easy operation
- Energy Efficient: The precise construction of Sonnette shades provides an energy-efficient layer superior to other shades and blinds. This design helps to keep the home cool during the summer and warm in the winter months. It can reduce energy bills with the room-darkening and insulating options.
- Stylish Options: Cellular roller shades are available in a variety of colours with opaque and semi-opaque selections. Many homeowners choose this type of shade to complement the room without needing extra window treatments.
Visit Our Custom Drapery Store in Mississauga Today!
If you’re searching for “window shades near me”, see the area’s largest Hunter Douglas Showroom at Texeuro Drapery Ltd. As a leading home and décor centre across the GTA, we specialize in shutters, blinds, drapery, curtains, duvets, pillows, and more.
Visit our showroom to discuss your window treatment needs with one of our design members. We also offer a free in-home design consultation with our specialists. Don’t hesitate, call us today!