Although it is always best to have one of our trained professionals measure your windows for you, here are some helpful instructions and tips to ensure that you measure correctly:
1) Always use a metal tape measure for accurate measurements.
2) Record all measurements in inches to the nearest 1/8 inch.
3) Record Width first and Height Second (W x H)
4) Measure the exact Width in 3 places for inside mount: a) top b) middle c) bottom (Use the shortest measurement)
5) Measure the exact Height in 3 places for inside mount: a) left b) centre c) right (Use the longest measurement)
6) Measure all windows, even if they appear to be the same size.
7) Always double check all measurements.
T = Top
C = Centre
B = Bottom
O = Outside Width
L = Left
C = Centre
R = Right
O-1 = Outside Height (to top sill)
O-2 = Outside Height (to the floor)
1) Inside Mount Width T, C, and B:
Measure across the window casing from one inside edge to the other inside edge.
2) Inside Mount Height, L, C, and R:
Measure the inside area from the top inside edge down to the top of the sill.
3) Outside Mount Width O:
Measure from one end of the casing to the other then add a minimum of 3”, or
1-1/2” on each side for the headrail brackets.
4) Outside Mount Height O-1:
Measure from the top of the window sill up to the desired top of the blind.
5) Outside Mount Height O-2:
Measure from the floor up to the desired height above the window.
To help you to convert you measurements from metric to imperial please click on the link below.